Obalon Balloon System
Obalon is the FIRST and ONLY swallowable, FDA-approved balloon system for weight loss. The Obalon Balloon System helps facilitate weight loss by taking up space in your stomach so you eat less.
Do you qualify?
This procedure is indicated for people with obesity who meet these criteria:
- Age over 21
- Body mass index (BMI) of 30-40. Check your BMI using the BMI calculator on the right.
- Has tried and failed dietary and healthy lifestyle interventions alone
- Must be ready and have time to commit to a program of dietary and healthy lifestyle changes in conjunction with 1-2 visits a month with a registered dietitian for 1 year
- Few on going life distractions (new job, family problems, severe stress , etc)
- No permanent relocation to an altitude 4000 feet above or 2500 feet below treatment location (San Jose, California) while balloons are in place
- No prior gastric surgeries
- No eating disorders
- Not pregnant and must not get pregnant for 6 months while balloons are in place
- Not breast-feeding
- No history of peptic (stomach and duodenum) ulcers
- No inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- No history of bowel motility disorder or bowel obstruction
- No history of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- No use of drugs that cause stomach irritation such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen etc.
- No use of blood thinning medications
- No current alcoholism or drug addiction
- Must be able and willing to take prescribed proton pump inhibitor medication for stomach acid reduction
- Does not have type 1 diabetes
- Does not have type 2 diabetes requiring insulin
- Does not have unstable or severe medical disease such as recent heart attack, heart failure, COPD, stroke, cirrhosis, kidney failure, uncontrolled hypertension
Schedule a Consultation
408 471 2222
Your treatment plan is designed for steady progress, with every phase promptly implemented.