The AspireAssist was developed by world renowned physicians to help people lose weight safely and sensibly. It’s a simple and discrete approach that puts you in control of your own weight loss.
The AspireAssist puts you in control.
AspireAssist has helped me take control and develop a healthy relationship with food.
How AspireAssist Works.
The AspireAssist reduces the amount of calories your body processes. During a non-surgical outpatient procedure, a small tube is inserted into your stomach. The tube connects to a button on the surface of your skin.
After you eat a meal, this small and discrete device allows you to empty about 30% of the contents of your stomach into a toilet. This simple, private process takes you 5 to 10 minutes. No one needs to ever know.
Because the AspireAssist requires that you chew your food well, you’re likely to find that you eat more slowly and feel full sooner, good steps to take toward maintaining weight loss.
Do you qualify?
This procedure is indicated for people with obesity who meet these criteria:
- Age over 21
- Body mass index (BMI) 35-55. Check your BMI using the BMI calculator on the right.
- Has tried and failed dietary and healthy lifestyle interventions alone
- Must be ready and have time to commit to a program of dietary and healthy lifestyle changes in conjunction with 1-2 visits a month with a registered dietitian for 1 year
- Few on going life distractions (new job, family problems, severe stress , etc)
- No prior gastric surgeries
- No eating disorders
- Not pregnant and must not get pregnant for 6 months
- No history of radiation therapy to chest or abdomen
- No inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- No history of bowel motility disorder or bowel obstruction
- No history of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- No use of drugs that cause stomach irritation such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen etc.
- No use of blood thinning medications
- No current alcoholism or drug addiction
- Must be able and willing to take prescribed proton pump inhibitor medication for stomach acid reduction
- No poorly controlled diabetes
- No diabetes treated with insulin or sulfonylurea medications
- Does not have unstable or severe medical disease such as recent heart attack, heart failure, COPD, stroke, cirrhosis, kidney failure, uncontrolled hypertension, chronic pancreatitis, bleeding disorders
Schedule a Consultation
408 471 2222
Your treatment plan is designed for steady progress, with every phase promptly implemented.