This endoscopic gastroplasty procedure is safe, non-invasive, effective and convenient!
Do you qualify?
This procedure is indicated for people with obesity who meet these criteria:
- Age over 21
- Body mass index (BMI) over 30.
- Has tried and failed dietary and healthy lifestyle interventions alone
- Must be ready and have time to commit to a program of dietary and healthy lifestyle changes in conjunction with 1-2 visits a month with a registered dietitian for 1 year
- Few on going life distractions (new job, family problems, severe stress , etc)
- No prior gastric surgeries
- No eating disorders
- Not pregnant and must not get pregnant for 6 months
- No history of peptic (stomach and duodenum) ulcers
- No history of hiatal hernia over 2 cm
- No esophageal disease
- No inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- No history of bowel motility disorder or bowel obstruction
- No history of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- No use of drugs that cause stomach irritation such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen etc.
- No use of blood thinning medications
- No current alcoholism or drug addiction
- Must be able and willing to take prescribed proton pump inhibitor medication for stomach acid reduction
- Does not have poorly controlled diabetes
- Does not have unstable or severe medical disease such as recent heart attack, heart failure, COPD, stroke, cirrhosis, kidney failure, uncontrolled hypertension, chronic pancreatitis
Schedule a Consultation
408 471 2222
Your treatment plan is designed for steady progress, with every phase promptly implemented.